What is the Oregon Marine Reserves Partnership?
We’re a growing group of organizations interested in ensuring Oregonians are involved in the stewardship of Oregon’s marine reserves and protected areas.
The Oregon Marine Reserves Partnership (OMRP) is a consortium of organizations dedicated to implementing and maintaining Oregon’s marine reserves and protected area system for all Oregonians by supporting scientific research, community engagement, and effective communications among all stakeholders.
Our vision is a durable and ecologically sustainable system of marine reserves and protected areas for the Oregon coast.
Our Guiding Principles
- We share information about Oregon’s marine reserve and protected area system.
- We promote coordination and cooperation to leverage the strengths, interests and values of Oregonians.
- We seek to foster a collaborative, respectful environment within which to advance the goals and long-term sustainability of marine reserves and protected areas.
- We recognize marine reserves and protected areas as additional tools for biodiversity conservation, ecosystem-based management, and the resilience of coastal communities.
- We advocate and support the use of science and cooperative research as the basis to inform policy and management decisions associated with the implementation of marine reserves and protected areas.
- We engage community members and all Oregonians in the implementation, evaluation and sustainability of marine reserves and protected areas.
- We advocate for needed financial and human resources to implement marine reserves and protected areas.
Oregon Marine Reserves Partnership – www.oregonmarinereserves.org